Thursday, May 29, 2008

SEVENTH HEAVEN

"You're really hot", this was probably the tenth flirtatious message I'd sent 'him'. I turned my back to see his reaction... he just smiled, looking into his mobile, and then looked at me, gave his typical 'i'm a charmer' smile and as usual i felt like i was in the seventh heaven...
I always had a thing for 'intelligent' men, but had seldom come across such a smart and handsome 16 year old... and sixteen was an age when i found every guitarist unbelievably unbelievable, every guy who knew shakespeare, truly delicious, and anyone who knew and could teach me physics, sigh.... well, anyway, 'he' had two of the above mentioned features and it was enough for me to go weak in the knees....
I was an academically brilliant (or so they say), and musically good enough student, which made me quite a known face and figure in my otherwise small school.... it had its merits, such as teachers supporting you , no matter what, but the demerits were many...
I was never very into girls.. always thought they were a bunch of 'namby pamby' creatures god had created just to bring bickering and spite into the world.. i was happy with my friend circle, which consisted of ummm.. around 7-8 guys.... they too liked me, i was always the one to arrange dates for them, and provide them with a playground to play cricket (and ya, they made special rules for me, such as if i hit a ball outside the area, it would be six, if the guys did it, it'd be out)...I was their shoulder to cry upon when their relationships failed and of course they had no option but to give me their bikes to ride, ... i've done pretty unbelievable things... but one thing was sure, i'd never like a guy in a boyfriend sort of way...
I changed my school in 11th.. went to this high profile, short skirt wearing school, where girls were supposed to be liposuctioned to perfection... and i met 'him'.... he'd come new from a far off land, and he seemed different....
well, eight years after the day i wrote him the messages, I still look at him and remember the days and years i spent tolerating his half mad-fully insane-complete clown self... well, to elaborate I died in a freak accident two years ago.... and ya, I still look at him.... I've seen him grow as an individual, get stronger everyday, learn how to make paranthas of his own, i've seen him buy a house for himself full with a fridge that's always stuffed with chicken... and i've seen him ransack my dad's music collection.... I've always wondered how he never broke down... how he kept his cool....
he'll be married in a few weeks time... I feel sad... I wish i had been the bride, but then I dont think I'd have tolerated his horrible singing....so i'm happy to have passed on the baton to someone else....
I know I"ll always keep looking at him.. and say that he still looks really hot.... and I think he gets my messages, for I still see that 'I'm a charmer ' smile when he looks at my photo... and as usual I feel like I'm in the 'seventh heaven'....

1 Comments:

Blogger Abhishek Madan said...

sniff sniff
:*

May 30, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home